We live in an increasingly visual society with an immense amount of information available. And when it comes to the internet, the competition for attention is even greater, after all, there are thousands of open tabs, notifications and ads.
Therefore, to be successful in e-commerce, it is necessary to look for alternatives to draw consumer attention and make you a real customer. That's why the banner for online store is an excellent resource that cannot be missing from your online business strategy.
But to be really effective it is important to understand well what its function, characteristics, how to create and how to use it. And that's what we're going to show you in this post. Check out!
- What is the function of the banner for the virtual store?
- How to create free online banner
- How to attract clicks and convert more with banners for e-commerce
- Where to place banners in the online store
- Online store banner ideas: formats and types
What is the function of the banner for the virtual store?
The banner for the virtual store is a graphic piece, generally used to direct the user to another page through a click.
The main function of the banners for the virtual store is to pass a message to consumers who access the site. They act like house ads e media with the public, but they are also excellent communication tools. attraction e sales conversion.
Can be used for:
- inform something important: as delivery policy; store security; payment methods etc.
- promote something: Can be products, brands or store actions.
- Attract organic clicks: By inserting a relevant keyword in the alt attribute of the image, your banner can appear in the search results of Google and other sites and thus generate organic traffic to your store.
- Grab the consumer's attention: You can use the banner simply to grab the consumer's attention and engage them with your brand. This can be done through some impact phrase, your slogan or referring to a special date, such as Christmas, New Year, Easter, etc.
How to create free online banner
to create the banners for e-commerce you can count on the help of an in-house design team, hire an agency or outsourced professional, or even create it yourself.
If your choice is the third option, there are platforms that allow the customization of the store layout and creation of banners and there is also the possibility of create free online banners on specific websites and applications for this.
Here are some of the tools that can help you with this task:
O canva is certainly one of the main tools that allow you to create free online banners and also one of the most popular. It has a web and application version, has a bank of images and templates of various sizes that can be edited easily.
O VistaCreate, formerly Crello, is very similar to Canva and also allows the creation of banners and other types of graphic arts for free, in addition to being extremely intuitive.
Another alternative for free online banner creation is Creatopy. It also has an image bank and templates. A differential is that you can create just one image and from it generate size variations.
The cons of this tool is that it only allows the creation of 10 free banners. For a larger amount, you need to pay for the service.
Adobe Creative Cloud Express
In addition to having free templates and images, the Adobe Creative Cloud Express integrates with other Adobe tools and lets you upload your brand's logo, colors, and typography. It also allows you to change elements in the image in a simple way, making testing easier.
O Photopea very similar to Photoshop, but it offers the service for free. It accepts .psd, .xd, .sketch and .raw files, is ideal for more advanced editing and has more functionality than most free tools.
To learn more essential tools for e-commerce, download this free guide with 50 tools for e-commerce.
How to attract clicks and convert more with banners for e-commerce
if you want to attract more clicks in the banners and consequently increase conversion rate, you must follow some important steps. Check it out below 7 tips.
1) Create a good headline: Think of a simple but also attractive title.
3) Use relevant keywords: in addition to attracting clicks efficiently, using relevant keywords in the alt attribute of the image also helps in attracting organic traffic in search engines.
4) Use quality images: In order for the banner to be attractive enough, it is necessary to use quality images. Or it can have the opposite effect, as it can give off an air of sloppiness.
5) Select the right colors: Colors can make all the difference, so choose carefully the ones that most have to do with the message you want to convey. Also, pay attention to the combination of tones and don't over mix.
6) Choose the most suitable size and format: it is important to choose the right size and format for the purpose and place where the banner will be inserted. Later, we will deal with the banner formats and types.
7) Update frequently: Don't forget out-of-season banners on your site. For example, if Christmas has passed, remove the Christmas banner. After all, this can also convey an air of sloppiness and outdated.
Is increasing the conversion rate one of your challenges? so check it out how did diesel get it increase it by 120% in just one month.
Where to place the banners in the virtual store?
Banners can be placed:
- at the store's home;
- in the sidebars;
- in the separation of categories and/or departments;
- in the footer;
- in the middle of the page;
- on hotsites;
- in popups;
- in search.
Anyway, you can place them wherever your imagination and strategy allow. But, Do not exaggerate. Choose just a few spaces or switch to test which ones perform better, but you don't need to place the banners in every possible place, as this will irritate the user, lose the effect and may even have the opposite effect.
Online store banner ideas: formats and types
There is not just one better format and type of banner to be used in the online store. It all depends on the message, image that will be used, purpose and layout of the site.
Below, we have gathered some online store banner ideas that you can use, taking into account formats and types.
The static banner is undoubtedly the most used. Next, on the website of Natural Sap, we have an example of a static banner in the home, at the top of the page. In this case, it was used to promote discounted products from a specific line.
This other example of a static banner, in store redhead beauty, was inserted in the middle of the page with the aim of publicizing the brand's blog:
The text banner is also one of the most used. Although it seems simple, you need to use the right words and colors to attract the desired click. The image below shows an example of a text banner used to highlight summer promotions on FOM.
The video banner can bring great results, as it leaves common sense and stands out on the page by differentiating itself from the rest of the information. But it is important to use short videos so that the user does not give up watching until the end.
See the banner video used by LEGO:
This type of banner is very advantageous as you can pass multiple messages using a single place and without overloading the page with information. Or even create messages that complement each other for the same goal.
It can be the type that changes the images by itself or the one that allows the user to click on the side to view at will.
The only point of attention is that as there are several pieces, they will compete with each other for the consumer's attention.
Below is an example of this type of banner used by Kipling:
Like the video banner, the animated banner stands out from the rest of the page and allows you to give even greater prominence to a specific image or word, as shown in the example of Diesel below.
banner in search
In the following example of PORT, if the customer searches for “chamex”, he will be impacted by a banner that informs a discount on products of that brand, increasing the chances of click and conversion.
The advantage of this type of banner is that it appears only for people who are already interested in the subject, also improving the user experience.
Banner on hotsites
The banner in hotsites is a type that helps direct the consumer to a specific session or simply compose the look of the page. In the following example, it was used both as a thematic visual element of Black Friday and to direct the user to promotions.
Banner in pop-ups
The banners in pop-ups they also help to compose the message and increase the chances of conversion. In the following example, from Fish Brazil, the banner was used to present the pop-up call and also promote the discount coupon.
Did you see just how much it is possible to explore in relation to banners for the virtual store? I hope this content has been useful and helps you to use this sales strategy in the best way possible to achieve your goals.
With SmartHint, you can insert banners in search for certain search results, create hotsites e pop-ups with banners and still make use of freestanding showcases. Meet our technology!